Jim Dine: Old Me, Now: Self-Portrait Drawings 2008-2009

Category: Books,Arts & Photography,History & Criticism

Jim Dine: Old Me, Now: Self-Portrait Drawings 2008-2009 Details

XX"I was 74 in June," wrote a reflective Jim Dine in Göttingen, Germany, in August 2009. "These self-portrait drawings are about how many times I've regarded my face minutely and have corrected and erased to get the feeling I want to show most accurately. I now am able, after all this looking, to enlarge my head to become a field of form and chatter and for it to be compared to a vast forest or a limestone quarry, for instance. Finally, lying is not an option, nor is decoration. I am committed to setting the record straight. Don't worry, I will." Embracing the artistic possibilities of this station in his life, Dine here breaks into new terrain with these works.

Reviews

His self-portraits are amazing but in truth i don't care for his early stuff of hearts and robes! He needed to grow old to do his best work.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel